With the current situation, the Canadian government has put in place special measures for people who want to travel to Canada. As of July 5, 2021, travelers who have been vaccinated against COVID-19 with full series of doses of the Pfizer, Moderna, AstraZeneca, or Janssen vaccines at least 14 days before coming to Canada
Who are eligible to enter Canada?
- Canadian citizens
- Permanent residents
- Immediate family of Canadian citizens and permanent residents (including guardian or tutor)
- Extended family members of Canadian citizens and Canadian permanent residents,
- Foreign nationals who hold a valid Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR)
- Temporary foreign workers
- Foreign nationals entering Canada on humanitarian and compassionate grounds in special circumstances, such as terminal illness, serious injury or death.
- International students who held a valid study permit or who had been approved for a study permit on or before March 18, 2020
- International students attending a Designated Learning Institution that has obtained prior approval of its response plan to control the spread of COVID-19 from the provincial government. (Effective October 20).
What are the requirements in entering Canada during Covid?
If you are planning to travel to Canada, you must be fully vaccinated with series of doses approved by the Canadian Government. You will also need to take a COVID-19 test within 72 hours before their arrival in Canada.
You would also need to download the ArriveCan app where you will need to input your test information. Receipt and required documents which include a confirmation of a negative pre-entry test, a digital or paper copy of their proof of vaccination must also be ready.
Requirements upon arrival:
Along with the pre-entry requirements said above, you will need to provide the required information and documentation, including proof of vaccination, and answer questions relating to eligibility, vaccination, and health screening.
You will also be required to do an arrival test on-site if services are available or obtain a home test kit to use on arrival at their destination.
Once you meet all entry requirements and if you are fully vaccinated, you will be exempt from quarantine in government-approved hotel accommodation, as well as from the Day 8 test. Unvaccinated children under 18 years of age accompanied by fully vaccinated adults will also be exempt from the hotel stay. Children under 12 years of age who are not vaccinated will be required to isolate themselves for 14 days upon the arrival. Those who test positive for Covid-19 will be subject to quarantine and isolation.
Should I travel now to Canada?
In conclusion, you can travel to Canada as long as you comply with the travel measures. To check if you can travel to Canada at this time, you may use this government tool.
If you want to know more about Canada’s Migration, we are here to help! Feel free to fill out our Free Assessment Form to know the best option for you.