It goes without saying that when you create your Express Entry Profile, it should competitive enough in order to be invited to apply for a Canadian Permanent Residency. But for instance, while you are going through your profile, you notice some mistakes and you want to fix them or your immigration lawyer advises you to retake your IELTS and add your better language test certification. The following are what you can do if you want to make changes in your Express Entry Profile.
Before you proceed with making changes to your profile, you must first check if you can make the changes. There are few situations in which you cannot make changes to your profile.
When Can’t I Make Changes?
If you fail to meet the criteria of Express Entry Programs, your profile will be refused and you won’t be able to update it.
How will I know If my profile has been refused?
If you log onto your profile, you will only have the option to “View profile”, it means that your profile has been refused due to eligibility and will be stated by the system.
If unfortunately, this happened, don’t lose hope. You still have an option to submit a new profile. But on the second time, make sure you’ve increased your qualification by getting the required IELTS score to be qualified for Canada Immigration or you can consult a licensed immigration agency to help you with your process. Be certain to enter and review all of the necessary information carefully to avoid any mistakes this time
Your profile has received an Invitation to Apply (ITA)
If you already received an Invitation to Apply (ITA) in your Express Entry Profile, all the information you entered in your profile is already locked in the system. Though you can amend the information when preparing for the final application, it is better to avoid it. There might be a chance that the changes will make you ineligible and your application will be refused. Be noted that providing false information on an immigration application is a serious offense that may result in a 5-year ban from submitting any applications for Canada Immigration.
How to make changes?
If you are not in the situation said in the above details, then you are clear to make changes. You can fix mistakes or add new documents. Below are the steps to follow:
- Go to your Express Entry account welcome page and select the “What would you like to do today”
- Head to the “View my submitted applications or profiles” section and click on the button that reads “Check status and messages.”
- Near the bottom of the “Application/profile details” screen, you’ll see a button that says, “View submitted application.”
- On the “Express Entry profile” page, hit the button that says, “Update form.” Make sure you select the appropriate section for modification.
- Make all the necessary changes, scroll to the bottom of the pages, then click “Save and exit.”
- Once you are done with all the changes, look for the “Continue” near the bottom of the page. You’re now free to submit the newly modified version of your Express Entry profile.
NOTE: The changes you make that can affect your eligibility or your CRS score, will be reflected within 24 hours in the Express Entry System.
Making sure your Express Entry Profile is perfectly submitted can be a hard task without the help of an expert. Minimize and avoid errors in your profile by consulting a licensed immigration consultant. Fill out our Free Assessment Form to check your eligibility.